Saturday 28 May 2016

Scooters

I have to tell I have never seen so many scooters at one place in my life. Taiwan has so many scooters that you can't even imagine. In Taiwan, the traffic is a bit crazy. People tend to ignore the rules, you really have to watch out. There are cars and countless scooters everywhere.

Scooters on a bridge in Taiwan
I think the main reason why people use scooters in Taiwan is the density of the island. Taiwan is not a big country (36,193 km²) but they have more than 23 million people. It's much convenient to use scooter than cars, since scooters don't take up too much space.



Another reason is that in cities like Taichung where I live, there's no MRT like in Taipei. You either stuck with using the bus (which is not really convenient) or you buy a scooter or a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hotjar